OUR EASY 7 STEP PROCESS
For Kitchen, Bathroom, Laundry and Full Home Renovations
INITIAL ASSESSMENT - COMPLIMENTARY
- Gather basic information through Project Questionnaire
- Phone consultation to discuss your needs, wants, scope and budget expectations
- Confirm project feasibility before Design Consultation
- In-home Design Consultation with detailed Needs Analysis, site measure and photos – COMPLIMENTARY
- Prepare 1st Concept Design drawings and 3D *1
- Prepare Scope of Works and Proposal
- Present Concept Design drawings, 3D Visualisation, Scope and Costing
- Discuss details and possible adjustments
- Proceed to Phase 2. Design Deposit: ~5% *2
- Review and adjust design as needed
- Select fixtures and finishes
- Technical Design detail and refinement
FINAL PROJECT DOCUMENTATION
- Review Scope and Specification of Works
- Complete Product Specification
- Produce Working Drawings
- Update costing based on selections and changes
- Complete Building Contract (All details confirmed)
- Building Deposit: 5% *3
- Hand over from Design to Construction Team
- Commence construction planning
- Schedule major work components
- Order custom fabricated and special-order items
- Assign and pre-book trades
- Order materials, fixtures and fittings
CONSTRUCTION - PROJECT COMPLETION
- Build to Plans & Specifications
- Inspect all work for Quality Assurance
- Maintain detailed Schedule – On time
- Manage unexpected/hidden problems
- Manage changes or additions to original scope
- Ensure job completion as promised, with no trailing ends
FEES AND DEPOSITS
- Concept Design Fee applies to all projects where we provide professional design services. This fee is typically 2-5% of estimated project cost.
- Design deposit required before Design development ~5% of project cost (less Concept Design Fees paid)
- Building deposit of 5% upon contract signing is required to secure start date and commence construction planning. All design fees and deposits are counted as payments toward project costs. No progress payments are required until work commences on site.
More information about our 7 step process – additional key points
- The Initial assessment is always complimentary. If you just want to discuss the feasibility of your project, we’re happy to talk
- The in-home consultation is always complimentary. However, we only conduct this after discussing the project and agreeing on feasibility, including budget parameters.
- We offer online consultations and presentations for remote clients and where appropriate for health reasons such as COVID-19 quarantine and distancing
- When you want us to provide professional concept design services, we require a Concept Design Fee before proceeding to the design work and detailed costing. This fee is typically 2-5% of estimated project cost. Your consultant will discuss this with you and confirm any fees before proceeding.
- We create your design using the latest architectural design software, combined with our experience and skill. We build a scaled 3D virtual model to let you visualise the design and allow us to solve design challenges before construction.
- We present the Concept Design drawings and elevations, 3D Visualisation, Scope and Costing at our Black Forest office and showroom. We discuss the proposed solution and make note of any necessary adjustments.
- With the overall solution agreed, we require a 5% Design Deposit to develop the concepts and produce the final project documentation. Concept Design Fees already paid form part of (are deducted from) the Design Deposit. We do not release any design drawings before receipt of this Deposit
- When all the selections, design details and project documentation have been finalised, we confirm start and finish dates and sign a fixed price Building Contract. See our Guarantee for additional details of our commitment and promise to you. At contract stage we also require a 5% Building Deposit.
- We do not require any further progress payments until we commence your project. Progress Payment schedule depends on the nature and size of your project and will be clearly explained to you and set out in your Building Contract. Where applicable, third party costs such as engineering and government levies are excluded from your contract price and are billed separately.
- Your project will be scheduled, managed and directly supervised by one of our qualified Building Supervisors. Quality assurance and customer satisfaction are central to all we do.
- We will keep open and clear communication with you through the entire process. Our project management system and Client Portal keep all the information and communication in one place.
If you have questions and concerns, talk to us. We don’t leave things unresolved.